BGAN M2M is a global, two-way IP data service designed for long-term, machine-to-machine management of fixed assets, using the Inmarsat global satellite network.
The service delivers reliable always-on connection with broadband bandwidth up to 448 kbps. It is optimized for 24×7 connection, with pricing and billing schemes especially adapted to M2M requirements.
BGAN M2M offers a full visibility and management of your dispersed assets in remote, unmanned locations across an entire operational area is critical, such as fleet management, pipeline monitoring, environmental monitoring, banking operations, etc.
- 24 x 7 full-speed 400 Kbps open TCP-IP Internet connection
- Designed for remote unmanned equipment: low-bandwidth M2M, SCADA or any device that needs to be monitored or controlled
- Operates like any Internet connection
- High-speed data capable with up to 464 Kbps speeds - no bottlenecks if speed is needed
- Real-time communication with latency (ping time) from 1200 to 1800 milliseconds
- Global coverage: Monitor global assets with one BGAN M2M service provider
- Protocols supported: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SKIP, GRE, ESP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Public / Static IP addresses available and necessary if remote access to connected equipment is needed
- Global coverage: beyond the limitations of terrestrial networks
- Performance: standard IP at a rate of up to 448 kbps with a low latency from 800* milliseconds
- Plug and play: simple for field teams to set up, integrate and maintain, without technical expertise
- Cost-effective: low-cost terminal, low data rate plans with no reconnection fees
- Enhanced support: free over-the-air firmware upgrades
- Remote Management: Proximity portal provides advanced features for tracking, monitoring, geo-fencing, security, reporting, and remote administration
* Please note latency is dependent on the end-to-end routing and this figure cannot be guaranteed by Inmarsat.
The BGAN M2M service is accessible through Hughes 9502, an all-IP terminal delivering affordable, end-to-end IP data connection with exceptionally low power consumption (<1 W idle). It can be housed in a robust, weatherproof unit for long-term unmanned deployment and comes with two antenna choices: •Integrated Antenna: One-piece HNS 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, rugged terminal with highest IP-66 ingress protection to withstand the most extreme weather conditions.
Hughes 9502- external antennas
The BGAN M2M service is accessible through Hughes 9502, an all-IP terminal delivering affordable, end-to-end IP data connection with exceptionally low power consumption (<1 W idle). It can be housed in a robust, weatherproof unit for long-term unmanned deployment and comes with two antenna choices: •External Antenna: Two-piece HNS 9502 modem includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations.
Hughes 9450-C11 mobile terminal
The Hughes 9450-C11 mobile M2M satellite terminal provides access to the BGAN M2M service for fleet-wide communications and mobile workforces. The terminal delivers affordable M2M connectivity service for mobile asset management, expanding applications into markets such as transportation, fleet management, utilities and heavy equipment and is a cost-effective solution for satellite-only applications or used as backup to terrestrial or 3G/4G wireless technologies.
Certified for use over BGAN M2M, it delivers high-performance M2M connectivity on-the-move.
Sabre Ranger M2M
The SABRE™ Ranger M2M is a BGAN M2M (machine-to-machine) terminal with a ruggedised mechanical enclosure which is built for long term outdoor all weather installation. It is designed for SCADA applications in remote unmanned locations.
The BGAN M2M service connects monitoring and control applications assuring you real-time visibility of critical data:
- ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System)
- GPS location data look-up-and-send
- IP and non-IP SCADA
- Remote surveillance
Supporting an extensive range of bespoke solutions, BGAN M2M can increase efficiencies of various vertical markets and activities, including:
- Utilities: smart grid, smart metering, distribution automation
- Oil and Gas: wellhead, pump and pipeline monitoring
- Transportation: tracking of fleets – trucks, vessels, railway tracks
- Retail banking: secure ATM and point of sale solutions
- Fixed monitoring : remote surveillance, telemetry, tracking
- Environmental monitoring: water management systems, weather stations, wind turbine
These maps represent expectations of coverage and does not guarantee service availability.