The SkyFile® Anti Virus software protects your remote computer assets from potentially harmful viruses.
Fully automatic anti-virus updates, notification and version verification ensure you keep your computers and LAN safe even while at sea.
Available on an Entry or Premium level, SkyFile® Anti Virus delivers the same benefits as a shore-based anti-virus program for your satellite communications and combats a wide range of threats such as viruses, Trojan horses and other malicious software (malware).
SkyFile® Anti Virus is a complete anti virus software package, providing your vessels or remote PCs and networks with protection against viruses and other external threats:
- Trojan Horses
- Email viruses
- Pharming and phishing
- Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA)
SkyFile Anti Virus Entry Benefits
- Security: reliable protection against viruses and other malware such as Trojan horses or spyware using Sophos-based virus detection engine
- High quality protection: several anti-virus updates per day (with very low data volumes)
- Flexibility: works across multiple satellite networks
- Always up-to-date: users will be automatically informed of the update and new software version
- Engine-updates over the air: no need to send a CD or someone onboard
- Cost-efficient: through "light" updates and low monthly subscription rate
- Consistently updated: Thanks to daily updates to the vessel via email (with SkyFile Mail), SkyFile Anti Virus is always kept up-to-date, for MSS, VSAT or even if a backup device (FleetBroadband or Iridium Certus) is in use onboard, meaning the vessel always remains fully protected
Sky File Anti Virus Premium Benefits
- So much more: within a 25MB data update, ship owners are able to install a Premium package backed by Sophos and benefit from all of the above, as well as:
- Anti-Ransomware: block a large number of malware threats in one go, before they even enter your system
- Auto Learning: the Premium ‘auto-learning’ process uses behavioural monitoring to immediately detect and stops crypto-ransomware without the need for regular software updates, limiting updates to an annual occurrence
- Backed by Sophos Labs: APAX-backed Sophos are a leading anti virus provider with high-tech sophisticated labs around the world, enabling fast detection and patch protection to customers. Malware like Wannacry and Petya were rapidly detected in users by Sophos and resolved in less than half a day with the help of their engineers who work 24/7 to protect, detect and resolve
SkyFile comes with a set of two packages to choose from:
SkyFile® Anti Virus is available at sea or on land and works across most VSAT, Inmarsat, Iridium and Thuraya terminals.
SkyFile® Anti Virus can be ordered via our Remote Configuration Tool at: https://webmail.skyfile.com/cfg.htm. Log in by using the SkyFile® Mail credentials of the vessel, and follow the simple instructions to download SkyFile® Anti Virus.
- SkyFile Anti Virus Engine Update User Guide
- SkyFile Anti Virus Entry Premium Sales Presentation.
- SkyFile Suite Order Form
- SkyFile AntiVirus Installation guide V7
Suitable for users at sea, on land and in flight, SkyFile® Mail provides reliable and cost-effective email, fax an...
Enabling users to comply with the latest US Coast Guard regulations, Marlink offers its Notice of Arrival and Depa...
Data Manager provides a variety of versatile features to make managing data traffic more efficient, including: Web...