SkyFile® C optimizes messaging and reduces costs on Inmarsat C & Mini C, especially for email and FleetNet messages.
SkyFile® C is very simple to use and enables you to send and receive emails as well as short messages (SMS) via an Inmarsat C or Mini C terminal. There is no need for extra hardware or software on the vessel or on shore. By using the same server as SkyFile® Mail, SkyFile C offers the same valuable features such as black & white lists, volume limitation, subject keyword and more.
SkyFile® C optimizes messaging and reduces costs on Inmarsat C & Mini C, especially for FleetNet messages. It is available on all Inmarsat C & Inmarsat Mini C terminals.
- Email and SMS: allows sending of short emails and SMS
- Complete, secure traffic management: users can control their communications costs by using filters: Anti-spam & anti-virus; Black & white lists (subject keywords); Volume control; Message confirmation
- FleetNet announcement: send via email, TCP/IP, PSTN and telex
- Tracking & fleet management: SkyFile® C helps tracking vessels using polling & data reporting via TCP/IP, as well as email
- Simplicity: very easy to use; no need to install dedicated software to access SkyFile® C
- Free-of-charge: no monthly fees or license costs; you pay for airtime only
- Cost-efficiency: reduce transmission costs by up to a third by sending ship-to-shore and shore-to-ship messages in 5-bit mode
- Dependable: provides reliable & secure data communications
- Secure: control your communications by using filters
- Versatile: decide where the bill is applied (on shore or on mobile side)
- Flexible: send reports in a variety of formats, including text, attachment, and 8bits transparent-data formats