Suitable for users at sea, on land and in flight, SkyFile® Mail provides reliable and cost-effective email, fax and SMS messaging on VSAT, Inmarsat, Iridium and Thuraya satellite terminals.
First established more than 17 years ago, SkyFile Mail is one of Marlink’s most popular Value Added Services, with more than 40,000 mariners utilising the service daily. The service is continually undergoing improvements to strengthen the protection for SkyFile Mail installation and usage.
Simple to install, use and update, SkyFile Mail works on any desktop Windows-PC or laptop. Used together with Universal Card, crew members need only one card for prepaid voice and data.
SkyFile Mail (Entry and Premium services) are fully compatible with any email software, such as Microsoft Outlook, allowing easy integration with existing programs and making it an ideal messaging tool for users onboard.
- Crew Communications
Efficient management tools
- Get the precise position, speed and direction of your vessel via SkyFile Mail’s GPS Data Reporting function (SkyFile Premium only)
- Split billing function sorts communications traffic into cost centers (owner, operator, charterer) to facilitate re-billing
- SkyFile® Mail can be simultaneously accessed by multiple users, with their individual, password-protected sub-accounts, even within a Local Area Network (LAN)
- New! Device Auto Detection and Smart Profile Management- enables the automatic detection of the active connectivity device in use and automatically applies the predefined rules and features related to that connectivity profile
- Combine with SkyFile Anti Virus, our complete anti-virus software package, providing your vessels or remote PCs and networks with protection against viruses and other external threats
- Global account configuration is mirrored and backed up on the SkyFile server, ensuring important data such as emails, billing logs and contact details are always protected, minimising business disruption and keeping you in line with GDPR legislation
- Fully managed in Portal360: view and manage SkyFile Mail accounts and their configurations, monitor traffic, blacklist, whitelist or quarantine messages and download usage logs, all remotely from shore
- If a customer requests a customised email domain, this will become their sole domain and the old one will stop working. After 3 months a notification is sent to the sender, informing them the email is no longer active, easing the process for customers’ migrating from one domain to another without email collisions or disturbance
- Simple to install, use and update, SkyFile® Mail improves easy administration of your mobile satellite terminal and enhances your operational efficiency
- One service, three different solutions to match your business and budget needs
- Maximise cyber security with password encryption and new password management capabilities in Portal360. By reducing access to sensitive services and information, security and control is significantly improved
- Fully compatible with any email software, allowing easy integration with existing programs and making it an ideal messaging tool for users onboard
- Minimal manual configuration and automatic updates ensures less risk of misusage
- Benefit from our SkyFile® eNOAD software for easy and efficient creation & submission of electronic regulatory forms required by the US Coast Guard
- Crew Communications
Crew communicate with prepaid
SkyFile Mail is the optimum tool for personal communications thanks to its ideal crew features:
- Versatile: users can have the same software for prepaid and postpaid messaging such as email, fax and SMS
- One card – many functions: with Universal Card™, crew members need only one card for voice and data
- Flexible: enables users to create and configure their own prepaid account according to their needs and budget
- Independent: MyMail prepaid accounts are not linked to a specific SkyFile Mail master account, and can be used on any vessel
- Send Policy Framework (SPF): email validation reduces unwanted incoming emails and increases the legitimacy rating of outgoing emails
- No restriction in terms of volume or number of messages: Managers or crew can define and set their own limitations
- Anticipated cost is displayed when writing an email and credit balance is updated during each prepaid connection
SkyFile® Mail is available at sea, on land or in flight and works across most VSAT, Inmarsat as well as Iridium and Thuraya terminals:
- Sealink VSAT: Sealink Customised, Sealink Premium, Sealink Allowances, Sealink Plus and Sealink Flex
- Inmarsat: Fleet Xpress, FleetBroadband, Fleet Family, BGAN, SwiftBroadband, Swift 64
- Iridium: Iridium Pilot, Iridium Maritime, Iridium OpenPort, Iridium 9555
- Thuraya: Thuraya IP, Thuraya Maritime Broadband, Thuraya XT-PRO
- SkyFile Software V1030d
- SkyFile Mail Info Sheet
- SkyFile Mail v10.30 Release note
- SkyFile Suite Order Form v41
- SkyFile Suite of Services T&Cs
- SkyFile Mail- Anti Spam & AntiVirus General Information
- SkyFile Mail User Guide
- SkyFile Mail Automatic File Transfer User Guide
- SkyFile Mail v10 Prepaid Services User Guide
- SkyFile Mail v10 Network Installation
- SkyFile Mail Premium POP3/SMTP Configuration
- SkyFile Mail Hosted Shared Domain Sales Presentation
- SkyFile Mail Revamp Table
- Portal360 Activation Form with SkyFile Mail Module
- SkyFile Mail IP change Q&A
- New IP – IOP firewall Configuration
SkyFile® Anti Virus is a complete anti-virus software package, providing your vessels or remote PCs and networks w...
Enabling users to comply with the latest US Coast Guard regulations, Marlink offers its Notice of Arrival and Depa...
Free, flexible and 24/7 online: Portal360 is our new advanced online management tool enabling you and your custome...