Peace of mind for a safe and healthy crew
With the health and safety of crew and passengers paramount, XChange Telemed provides the ideal, cost-efficient solution for managing illness or injuries onboard and meets the new ILO/MLC and IMO/STCW labour regulations for crew health and medical treatment.
Furthermore, thanks to the secure transmission and storing of medical data, XChange Telemed assists the onshore medical professional in his decision-making, and may thereby avoid unnecessary and costly vessel re-routings or evacuation.
The solution comprises a compact suitcase with CE certified medical equipment and an interactive web portal facilitating immediate video medical consultations and giving doctors full access to the patient’s medical data; ensuring crew members receive fast, effective and interactive medical support.
- Fully contained within a reinforced, portable case is the comprehensive, ready-to-go kit enabling the capture and transmission of vital data of patients in order to establish a remote diagnosis
- Clear instructions and reference diagrams are enclosed to assist the remote user with data capture, viewing and sending
- Medical data is then centrally displayed on the enclosed tablet PC and on the web portal viewed by the Doctor ashore, while the HD camera enables an interactive consultation
- Leasing and maintenance of Telemed station including touchscreen interface
- Access to the web-based portal enabling doctors to view the video link and access patient data
- Medical Assistance by the public Telemedical Maritime Assistance Service (TMAS) or by the company’s appointed Doctor or medical professional
- Satcom optimized live remote video consultation
- Secured patient data transfer and hosting
- Large-scale worldwide logistics and 24/7 Customer Care
- Improve crew welfare and retention of seafarers
- Treat crew illnesses and injuries onboard, reducing crew member down time
- Secure recording of medical data and decisions, providing documentation for insurance claims
- 1 in 2 diversions considered avoidable with Telemedicine resulting in significant cost savings (“The business case for telemedicine”, International Maritime Health 2013, Vol. 64 Issue 3, page 129)
- Integrated end-to-end service including equipment lease, maintenance and service support
- On-board Telemed Kit*: vital medical equipment, touch-screen interface and HD picture and video, fully compact and enclosed into one, handy light weight suitcase with quick use guide and reference diagrams.
- On-shore interactive web portal: accessed by the on-shore Doctor, securely displays medical data and enables interactive video consultation via web cam.
*Plus other complementary Bluetooth® or USB biomedical sensors including Spirometer, Eye Analyzer and Ultrasound scanner. All CE Medical Certified.
Our prepaid solutions enable prepaid voice calls, messaging and web usage for both MSS and VSAT.
Connect your crew to the world of news & entertainment.
Allow your crew to stay online at sea - just like at home. Using their own smartphones, laptops and tablets for mo...