Peace of mind for a safe and healthy crew
With the health and safety of crew and passengers paramount, XChange Telemed provides the ideal, cost-efficient solution for managing illness or injuries onboard and meets the new ILO/MLC and IMO/STCW labour regulations for crew health and medical treatment.
Furthermore, thanks to the secure transmission and storing of medical data, XChange Telemed assists the onshore medical professional in his decision-making, and may thereby avoid unnecessary and costly vessel re-routings or evacuation.
The solution comprises a compact suitcase with CE certified medical equipment and an interactive web portal facilitating immediate video medical consultations and giving doctors full access to the patient’s medical data; ensuring crew members receive fast, effective and interactive medical support.
- Fully contained within a reinforced, portable case is the comprehensive, ready-to-go kit enabling the capture and transmission of vital data of patients in order to establish a remote diagnosis
- Clear instructions and reference diagrams are enclosed to assist the remote user with data capture, viewing and sending
- Medical data is then centrally displayed on the enclosed tablet PC and on the web portal viewed by the Doctor ashore, while the HD camera enables an interactive consultation
- Leasing and maintenance of Telemed station including touchscreen interface
- Access to the web-based portal enabling doctors to view the video link and access patient data
- Medical Assistance by the public Telemedical Maritime Assistance Service (TMAS) or by the company’s appointed Doctor or medical professional
- Satcom optimized live remote video consultation
- Secured patient data transfer and hosting
- Large-scale worldwide logistics and 24/7 Customer Care
- Improve crew welfare and retention of seafarers
- Treat crew illnesses and injuries onboard, reducing crew member down time
- Secure recording of medical data and decisions, providing documentation for insurance claims
- 1 in 2 diversions considered avoidable with Telemedicine resulting in significant cost savings (“The business case for telemedicine”, International Maritime Health 2013, Vol. 64 Issue 3, page 129)
- Integrated end-to-end service including equipment lease, maintenance and service support
- On-board Telemed Kit*: vital medical equipment, touch-screen interface and HD picture and video, fully compact and enclosed into one, handy light weight suitcase with quick use guide and reference diagrams.
- On-shore interactive web portal: accessed by the on-shore Doctor, securely displays medical data and enables interactive video consultation via web cam.
*Plus other complementary Bluetooth® or USB biomedical sensors including Spirometer, Eye Analyzer and Ultrasound scanner. All CE Medical Certified.